I often see stories of people winning their entire lifestyle through competitions.
In the past I have been pretty lucky…but mainly through Gameshows. I’ve been fortunate enough to appear on all the following shows : Deal Or No Deal, Are You Smarter Than A Ten Year Old, Bullseye, Total Wipeout, Balls Of Steel, Tipping Point, Pick Me, Beat The Brain, 1 vs 100, Your Country Needs You and Show Me The Telly and I have won around £36,000 in gameshow winnings over the years.
When it comes to competitions, it’s a mixed bag. I once won a videotape box set of three Michael Caine films, but then also won tickets to a Natalie Imbruglia show and got to meet her afterwards. I have also won Leeds United tickets as well as tickets to see McBusted in the OMFG Zone (the bit at the front where you literally get hit with sweat!)
Whenever people have said “I don’t know how you manage it” I tell them the same thing…you have to be in it to win it.
After I finished up with work today I decided to do something productive.
So I decided to sign up to www.theprizefinder.com and start entering competitions. I decided that I would run a bit of an experiment and see what I could win in a short period of time.
I went straight for the “Closing Soon” section and all these were ending at midnight today…so I went for them…Tomorrow I will do all those ones for that day and see how I do.
I soon realised that there were going to be a lot of posts I needed to share on Facebook so I just set up another fake Facebook account in my name and had them all go through there so I wasn’t annoying any of my friends.
So my experiment has started and here is what I have entered to win so far :
- Win an Open Bird Table and 10 Suet Cakes – Always happy to do my bit for nature
- Win Limited Edition Dunkin Donuts Pop Tarts – Always happy to do my bit for my expanding waist
- Win A mousemat set – They look naff and I never use a mousemat…but maybe only because I have never won one…
- Win A handbag – A guy gotta accessorise 🙂
- Win Nuxe Body Fondant Shower Gel – Sounds tastier than it probably will be
- Win A Whitworths hamper – nibbles, always a winner
- Win Soreen goodies – because you can never have too much maltloaf in your life
- Win NOW Music CD’s – To be fair I am that out of touch with modern music, this would probably be quite a helpful prize
- Win a £25 Wilko Voucher – I thought all the Wilkos shut down years ago…if so I might have problems trying to use this voucher
- Win 1 of 3 x copies of Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find them on DVD – cracking film to be fair so a pretty decent prize
- Win a Headrest DVD player worth £142.99 – Althea would absolutely love this for the car
- Win a Car Boot Organiser – If you have seen the state of my car boot, this is a perfect prize for me to win
- Win a £20 Amazon Voucher – always handy
- Win Wagon Wheels – Who doesn’t want Wagon Wheels? Especially when they are free. Then you can eat more than one and pretend they are as big as they used to be.
- Win a Toffee Apple Candle – In case of a blackout…obviously, because thats the only time candles ever need to be used around the house
- Win Oat biscuits – more nibbles
- Win an Unwash Dry Cleanser – When I can’t be arsed to wash my hair…i.e. most days!
- Win SockSnob socks – Fact : I never wear pairs of socks after the first time of wearing a pair. New out of the packet they get worn properly, after that its a free for all
- Win a DIY geode Terrarium Kit – Will look nice in our garden…for about 5 minutes until it gets nicked!
- Win a box of Lyons Coffee Bags – Wait….what? Coffee in bags? Bags of coffee? No….
- Win 6 pairs of SoxInnaBox Socks – Same competition as above but on another platform…fingers crossed!
- Win the Gluten Free Oat Biscuit Range – More biscuits…thank you very much
- Win Charcoal & Mint Shampoo & Conditioner – Who doesn’t want to wash their hair in charcoal…you know that notoriously black, dirty stuff…
- Win An overnight hotel stay – Jurys Inn, so cheap and cheerful
- Win a BBQ worth £50 – Now we are talking – now if only I had a load of meat to win too to help out with this…
- Win a £90 Family Meat Box – Ah, there we go
- Win a Case of Wolfys Porridge – Mornings will never be the same again
- Win a pair of Puma Mostro Trainers – For when I get the will to go for a jog…in fact, revoke my entry into this one…I will never get the urge
- Win Makeup & Curry Kits – Not quite sure how these two things go together. Do you put curry on your face…or is there foundation in the Korma?
- Win an Asus Thin & Light Laptop – Thin and light, two things I will never be. But a laptop would be a good prize
- Win a Fruity Make Up Bag – For all that curry makeup
- Win a PS Vita – Gaming fun…no games with it though…nice ornament
- Win a BuyaGift Superwoman Smartbox – I think this is something to do with those type of red letter day type boxes, but with only stuff that women like, such as spas and makeovers
- Win an Andrew James Digital Halogen Oven Cooker – I spend so much time in the kitchen I might as well use it to cook rather than delve into the fridge looking for what I can scoff
- Win a Clarke CAG2350C Angle Grinder – I am sure I can find a use for this somewhere. There must be an angle that needs grinding…or something!
- Win a Lovely Dress – Lovely is a very subjective word
- Win a box BAKKER BULBS – Unfortunately not of the “lighting a room”
- Win a Crystal Hair Elastic – Its a bobble for your hair…why is this even a competition?
- Win a stunning b.cherished lingerie set and three gorgeous Glitter Lip sets. – Wonder if it will fit me… 😉
- Win A set of three Dr.PAWPAW balms – Soft lips for the win…especially whilst I am wearing that lingerie…
- Win a 100ml bottle of Monsoon Rose Gold Eau De Parfum worth £35 – Accompanied with the lingerie and the lip balm I will be a strong confident woman again…
- Win A power juicer – I need more power in my life
- Win a Charcoal Body Silk Seamless, Yoga Bra in a size M – I don’t do yoga, I don’t wear bras (Although maybe I should) and I am definitely not a size Medium….and whats with the Charcoal again?
- Win a Framed A3 Print from John Dyer Gallery in Cornwall – Actually pretty lovely…would look nice on the wall
- Win 10 x pair of passes to No1 Lounges – For when travelling abroad in airports…which I probably won’t be doing for years…wonder if you can just use them and not fly anywhere.
- Win A month’s supply of Get Fruity bars & £25 Voucher for Waitrose or John Lewis – I would find a lot more use for the bars than the vouchers….£25 in Waitrose and John Lewis doesn’t get you much
- Win a Nerf Accustrike Blaster – I can be a kid again!
- Win Two Elizabeth Arden Eyeshadow trios and a black compact – I can be beautiful again!
- Win Six bottles of Encona – I can burn my arse with food again!
- Win A sponge cake card and a pack of lemon bubbles – Most novel idea ever…it’s an actual greetings card, with cake inside it! What’s not to love?
- Win a £50 Fuel Voucher – Always handy…especially if I have to travel the country to pick any of these prizes up…
- Win 2 x A United Kingdom on DVD – Never heard of the film…but I will watch anything
- Win a digital copy of Summer at Rose Island by Holly Martin – always looking for something new to read
- Win a £600+ Barbecue – for when the £50 BBQ above breaks in the middle of cooking all that meat
- Win Red Nose Day Aquafresh Product Pack – Feel like I am doing my bit for charity with this one
- Win Royal Rumble 2017 on Blu-ray – Amazing show….WORSE Rumble match in history
- Win Hell Drivers on DVD – What?
- Win Vengeance on DVD – Another shit film?
- Win Eagles In The Storm by Ben Kane – Another shit book? I will give it a go though if I do win it
- Win a Stay Puft soft toy – The pinnacle of all these competitions…and probably the hardest to win as it was Sky Movies and there was about a million people entered into it
- Win a case of Vimto – Fact : I gave up drinking fizzy pop in December so this will come in handy…
- Win A weekend break at Tannery Cottage near Leyburn – Always happy with a little getaway
- Win a £100 Regal Bouquet, Ultimate Bath Set and Prosecco for Mother’s Day – My mum will be well happy with this
- Win Ballantines Scotch Whisky – I don’t drink Whisky…but know people who do…REGIFTED!
- Win 3 x Mario Lanza: The Best of Everything on DVD – This will be a thrill ride
- Win 3 x Arrival Blu-ray – Actually REALLY want to see this…so I will hold off to see if I win
- Win a DVD bundle with The Chamber – There is some proper decent horror movies in this collection…would be worth winning
- Win Arrival on DVD – Again…but DVD this time
- Win a £30 Party Bags and Supplies Voucher – The best part of any party is the party bag…would just get these for myself
- Win a Champneys Spa Break + 9 R/up: A Case of Campbell’s Soup – i will be honest, I would prefer the runner up prize here
- Win 2 x Acre 637 Cider Gift Packs – I will need to find someone who sups Cider
- Win The Mirror by Deborah A Stansil – Another book…I am going to be overloaded if I win them all
- Win 10 x A bundle of Kong: Skull Island books – I wanna see the film so these would come in handy
- Win a Pedro the Pirate Ship Trunki – A little something for the little one
- Win a Horror DVD Bundle – More crackingly shit horror movies to watch
- Win a 21 Pack of Chalkola Markers – So these are markers that you can use to draw on windows…the novelty of that will last about a minute
- Win an Apple iPad Air 2 128GB Tablet – The jackpot?
- Win a Fingerlings Baby Monkey Robotic Toy – The real jackpot!
- Win a set of ChalkOla Chalkboard Markers – must be a big promotion on at the minute on these
- Win Luxury Organic Bed Linen, Organic Lavender Room Spray + Candle – When is bed linen organic?
- Win A Luxury Spa Day Experience – Christmas presents sorted out
- Win 3 x A Salter Blender To Go – More Christmas presents
- Win 5 x Bottles of Milton Washing Up Liquid – Got a pregnant sister…this will come in handy
- Win a Doves Farm bread making starter kit – We go through bread like there is no tomorrow….this would be nice…if only for the smell!
- 3 x Christine on DVD – Sounds poor
- Win a Meal for 5 at Thaikhun – Restaurant wins are always good
- Win a Bundle of Comvita Manuka Honey Products – Yeah, not sure what this is either
- Win a £100 The White Company Gift Card – Gift cards for the win
- WIN a Mailbox of Your Choice – Its a mailbox for your house…win win win!
- 2 x A Luxe Pastel Set Worth £139 – Althea will probably get hold of these and draw all over the windows because she has done it with those other crayons
- Win a Family Ticket to Cadbury World in Birmingham – MMMMMMM Chocolate!
- Win What We Become on DVD – We will become slaves to shit films and books if all these prizes win!
- Win a James Martin Compact Food Processor + Stand Mixer – Handy…or another Christmas pressie
- Win Home Brewtique’s ultimate brewing kit worth £130 – Now we are talking!
- Win a Family Ticket to see Running Wild in Blackpool’s Grand Theatre (4/4/2017) – This would be handy…we would be in the area that day…
- Win a relaxing spa break for two at one of Champneys four health spas – Pretend we are posh if we win this
- Win a Norwegian Cruise Line cruise for two – Pretend we are rich if we win this!
So there you go…that is almost all the competitions that are ending tonight. There’s some I didn’t enter as I couldn’t get to Bournemouth tomorrow or pick up a hamper from the Outer Hebrides at 3am in the morning…that type of thing…
A massive amount of competitions entered in one day…I wonder whether any of them will actually come in…keep your fingers crossed for me!